Re: Distribution of designer/2000 ver. 1.3 on windows 95 clients

From: Daryl Cain <dcain_at_houston.geoquest.slb.com>
Date: 1996/11/01

You could use Oracle's installer to install the Runtime options. First make a copy of the Oracle entry in the registry via regedit. Then delete the existing Oracle key. Once the install is done, "export" the new Oracle key to a file. You can use regedit to "import" this key into the registry on different machines.

NOTE: your mileage may vary and be prepared to do some

      mods to the registry file you export.

daryl

Serge Houle wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am currently in the process of upgrading from designer/2000
> version 1.2 (windows 3.1) to version 1.3 on windows 95.
> The version 1.3 of designer/2000 uses the registry instead of
> the oracle.ini file to store oracle parameters. We can identify the
> support files to copy on each station but we can't ge around the registry
> dilemma. The entries in the registry are not located under one item and
> Oracle does not seem to provide any .reg to facilitate the distribution of
> the application without having to install the whole application on each
> station.
>
> I would appreciate any recommendation on how to solve my problem.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Serge Houle
> houles_at_total.net

* Daryl Cain                     | "Oh the thinks you can think    *
* Software Engineer, GeoQuest    |       if only you try."         *
* 5599 San Felipe, Suite 1700    |                      Dr. Suess  *
*                                         (713)513-2706            *
*  dcain_at_houston.geoquest.slb.com	  (713)513-2022 (fax)      *