Re: What a joke...

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 23:24:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 15:32:09 -0700, Noons wrote:

> Yup. Very useful to know how to do something in release 6 of Oracle!
> Then again, given datatype LONG has been unsupported since release 8 and
> yet it's still all over the Oracle dictionary, one has to stop and
> think:
> exactly what is going on at Oracle...

I stopped reading his email before this pearl of wisdom. Google is "custodian of the archives for Usenet groups"? Jesus F. Christ! Google is a commercial company with the primary goal of making money for [Quoted] their shareholders. They are the primary reason why we have all of this spamvertising scum on this group. The groups which haven't been "blessed" by Google and their "archiving", like comp.lang.perl.misc are still readable and interesting. Sapienti sat.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant