Re: Introduce an innovative machine tuning tool for SQL statements

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 21:14:01 -0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 01:53:10 -0800, tracyto41 wrote:

+AD4 On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 5:46:08 PM UTC+-8, Noons wrote:
+AD4APg On 12/12/2017 8:36 +AEA-wiz, tracyto41+AEA-gmail.com wrote:
+AD4APg
+AD4APg
+AD4APg +AD4APgA+ The machine tuning for SQL statements is a proprietary technology
+AD4APg +AD4APgA+ invented by Tosska to mimic a human expert SQL tuning process, in
+AD4APg +AD4APgA+ which the engine tries every possible Oracle Hints combinations for
+AD4APg +AD4APgA+ a SQL statement to improve the execution speed.
+AD4APg +AD4APg
+AD4APg +AD4APg
+AD4APg +AD4 there are more than 100 hints from Oracle, if you pick 3 out from the
+AD4APg +AD4 100 hints, the permutations is up to 1 million. No brute force can do
+AD4APg +AD4 it in your database.
+AD4APg +AD4
+AD4APg +AD4
+AD4APg
+AD4APg Precisely. So why advertise that Tosska crap as a product that can do
+AD4APg it? Unless of course this:
+AD4APg
+AD4APg +ACI-in which the engine tries every possible Oracle Hints combinations for
+AD4APg a SQL statement to improve the execution speed+ACI
+AD4APg
+AD4APg doesn't now mean a brute force approach?
+AD4
+AD4 Yes, you are right. It should be
+AD4
+AD4 +ACI-in which the engine tries every possible effective Oracle Hints
+AD4 combinations for .....+ACI

Now, in addition to what Noons has said, why are you advertising on a forum that is not meant for advertising? Do you hope to achieve something? Well, from my side, I can only tell you that I'll warn any possible user that Tosska is being advertised by spam.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Database Whisperer