Re: Oracle 7.3.4 + SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 : Good idea?

From: Andy <nospam_at_no.no>
Date: 13 Dec 2014 11:13:06 GMT

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 13:19:22 +1100, Noons wrote:
>
>>> Buenos días tengo casualmente un problemas con estas plataforma tengo
>>> un servidor IBM Riss 6000 con arquitectura cerrada, Tiene instalado
>>> oracle 7.3.4 bajo SCO 5.0.7 Unix.

Restaurar desde copia de seguridad.

>> Welcome to the new millenium...
>
> I don't understand Spanish, but from what I see, it looks like the thread
> is about installing Oracle 7.3.4 on SCO Unix.

I ran it through the Google translating widget; it's an already running system.

Billing and accounts payable no less.

The enquiry relates to a damaged disk and a solution to restore services.

Given they're now asking _here_ I guess that answers the next obvious question of "Do you have working backups to restore from?"

> Not very interesting given
> that both Oracle 7 and SCO Unix are dead for years.

I'm surprised to hear of such a positively ancient system still being used in production. I guess I really shouldn't be.

I suspect a scenario along the lines of an extremely dusty box in the bottom of a rack and "nobody knows how this works - it was setup 2 decades ago by our DBA who left 15 years ago, but it's still working fine.

What could possibly go wrong?"

> I would be really interested in seeing the installation recipe for
> Oracle 4 on RSX11M.

I'd be more interested in seeing the response if the OP opened a Service Request with Oracle for assistance.

PS - Hi I'm new here, I mostly just lurk and read the 1/100 articles that are actually on-topic.

-A Received on Sat Dec 13 2014 - 12:13:06 CET

Original text of this message