Re: Oracle 7.3.4 + SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 : Good idea?

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.eu>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:52:04 +0000

On 2014-12-13, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 13:19:22 +1100, Noons wrote:
>
>>> Buenos días tengo casualmente un problemas con estas plataforma tengo
>>> un servidor IBM Riss 6000 con arquitectura cerrada, Tiene instalado
>>> oracle 7.3.4 bajo SCO 5.0.7 Unix.
>>
>> Welcome to the new millenium...
>
> I don't understand Spanish, but from what I see, it looks like the thread
> is about installing Oracle 7.3.4 on SCO Unix. Not very interesting given
> that both Oracle 7 and SCO Unix are dead for years. I would be really
> interested in seeing the installation recipe for Oracle 4 on RSX11M.
> This looks like a new way of spamming the group. I am not sure as to what
> might be the motivation for such foolishness.
> Maybe it's a retaliation for reporting spammers?

Are you perhaps being a bit harsh? Antiques of that sort are quite likely to be still running somewhere (if it isn't broken...) and if it does break they will be desparate and grasp at any straw they can find.

Yes, I know it makes no sense to operate like that, but it still happens. Alternatively, they may merely have discovered a need for some forensic investigation of an antique system.

Eric

--
ms fnd in a lbry