Re: Oracle 7.3.4 + SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 : Good idea?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:45:14 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, December 12, 2014 6:11:32 AM UTC-8, joje..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Buenos días tengo casualmente un problemas con estas plataforma
> tengo un servidor IBM Riss 6000 con arquitectura cerrada, Tiene instalado oracle 7.3.4 bajo SCO 5.0.7 Unix.
>
> uno de los disco se me daño y hay se encontraba una aplicación que me maneja la facturación y las cuentas por pagar.
>
> necesito una solución lo mas pronto posible para restablecer los servicios.
>
> que me recomiendan
>
> Gracias

You are responding to a 15 year old thread in an English-only newsgroup.

What was on the damaged disk? The oracle home or data files?

You have backups, don't you? Exports? When I was on 7.x, I made sure and have both (and extracts to flat files when I had room).

If you have no backups you are, as we say, Shit Out of Luck. Any business running software that old ought be be prepared for your situation. You may be able to use an expensive data unloading service as Oracle provides, and there's also jDUL you can google which may be more reasonable. IBM itself may have services to restore as many undamaged files as they can, though I wouldn't know about that.

Some service like Pythian may also be able to help you. Maybe.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/11/oracle_improving_zfs_dedupe/