Re: Need Oracle HCM Functional Test Lead

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 09:45:06 -0800 (PST)

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:14:20 AM UTC-8, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 07:08:21 -0800, richard.rankin wrote:
>

> > Never provide the last four digits of your SSN. They are random numbers
> > which when combined with other information about you allows someone to
> > deduce your entire social security number. I can do it easily for 95%+
> > of social security numbers. Never provide any part of it. No
> > professional recruiter or consulting firm will ask for this information.
> > you should delete any request for this information and add the sender to
> > your spam list.
>
> You are right, I haven't noticed that. That is downright dangerous. Such
> solicitation can even be qualified as a hacking attempt. SSN can be used
> to ask for a credit card and providing it to a spammer like this is
> asking for identity theft. Is there any place to report this disgusting
> spammer?

I reported online a few weeks ago to his "local" BBB, but haven't checked that email account to see if they've responded. No expectations, just curious what will happen. I did that back in the olden days (and am blanking on which famous OG spammer just now), and basically they tried to tell me he did nothing wrong.

Changing the subject didn't disconnect it from the thread with google groups FYI.

Like any other religion, Agile advocates explain away the obvious problems by saying the practitioners aren't doing it right. Which may be true (eg Jive Oracle Forums, numerous fails from google to linkedin), but doesn't explain away the fact that those problems are endemic. Endemic problems imply fundamental problems.

Could be that it is used mostly for scaling, and it doesn't scale well - or scales too well, magnifying problems.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Oracle website overwhelmed http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/29/oracle_outage/