Re: Need Oracle HCM Functional Test Lead

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 19:06:35 +1100

On 2/12/2014 4:45 AM, joel garry wrote:

> Like any other religion, Agile advocates explain away the obvious problems by saying the practitioners aren't doing it right. Which may be true (eg Jive Oracle Forums, numerous fails from google to linkedin), but doesn't explain away the fact that those problems are endemic. Endemic problems imply fundamental problems.
>
> Could be that it is used mostly for scaling, and it doesn't scale well - or scales too well, magnifying problems.

Or it's just being used outside of its universe of comfort?

At work - we are NOT a software maker - we use Agile for our monthly release work.
Mostly because it lets us quickly control and adapt to a support situation, where we might have some long term development and operational project activities together with normal day-to-day site support activities.

Agile lets us quickly adapt a release schedule for the month to unexpected situations and quickly recover back to normal operational schedules.
There are probably half a dozen other methodologies that would also work in these conditions. But we find the tools available with Agile fast and convenient.

If, however, we had the restrictions and constraints of a pure software development organization, we'd be MAD to use this methodology: it's just asking for trouble!

"Inventing" methodologies to artificially speed up what are absolutely necessary steps in ANY project - good design, good QA, responsible scheduling - is just asking for trouble, no matter how " kewl" it might look or sound. Received on Tue Dec 02 2014 - 09:06:35 CET

Original text of this message