Re: Agile methodologies.

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 07:10:47 -0800 (PST)

On Sunday, November 23, 2014 1:37:49 AM UTC-7, Noons wrote: [snipped]

> Try to get involved in a JDEdwards project - an Oracle own product -
> where ALL tables get GRANT ALL TO PUBLIC by default, during the initial
> install.
> I was nearly fired when I objected and refused to run it like that.
>
> What's worse: it's Oracle themselves, sanctioning this state of affairs!
> That's the kind of "expertise" that now frequents that company and is
> responsible for their own products...

It's not just the applications, this mindset permeates Oracle OCS and ACS as well. I can't actually say what we experienced; let's just say it was ... errr ... different from what I would have expected from the last go-round with Oracle ACS.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Nov 24 2014 - 16:10:47 CET

Original text of this message