Re: DB Optmizer

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 15:52:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 13:01:19 -0800, mgonzalez.dacompsc wrote:

> Hi people
>
> I'm searching a manual, tutorial or guide to explain how to use step by
> step the tool DB Optimizer somebody know one.
>
> Thanks Marcos Glez

Not a problem. I would start with "Optimizing Oracle for Performance" by Cary Millsap. The nice follow-up would be SQL Tuning by Dan Tow. Then you should proceed with "Effective Oracle by Design" by Tom Kyte. After that, you will be ready for "Troubleshooting Oracle Performance" by Christian Antognini. When done with that, you switch over to Jonathan Lewis and "Cost Based Oracle Fundamentals" and "Oracle Core", in that order. After that, you should briefly go over "Oracle SQL Tuning with SQLTXPLAIN", just to get the hang of the tools. Now, that should keep you busy over the weekend.
That's the first step. The next step is learning the tools on the underlying platform.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer