Re: ACFS II

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 18:42:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 07:23:28 -0800, JT wrote:

> On Thursday, 10 January 2013 16:23:17 UTC, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>> How many people here use ACFS and for what? It is a clustered file system

>> which cannot be used for the DB files. Is anyome using it and for what?
>>

>> --
>> Mladen Gogala
>> The Oracle Whisperer
>> http://mgogala.byethost5.com

> Mladen,
>
> Did you ever find anyone?

Nope, but ACFS on top of ASM 12c supports database files. I expect to see more people actually using ACFS, since cluster file system is easier to use than just a volume manager. I am not yet sure about the database upgrades, but using Oracle 11G on top of ASM 12c looks like a mighty good idea to me.

> Any experiences to report?

Yes, with MySQL. MySQL can now be registered as cluster service and be used free of charge (ASM 12c). It works like a charm, no need to pay for Veritas cluster, Red Hat cluster or similar.

> Cheers,
>
> JT

Best regards,

--