Re: is it possible to run oracle server as non-root, non-system process?

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 08:50:07 +0200

On 23.09.2014 18:43, ted y wrote:

> I did NOT create the new user accounts and groups , since my very
> goal is to run this server as normal user , when the user wants to
> run a junit (which needs an oracle instance)

That is a very bad idea(TM). The overhead to start an Oracle instance per unit test is much too high. Plus, you would want a private instance for each test to avoid interference with each other. So that would mean to not only _start_ an instance on the fly but also to configure it on the fly.

I think a more successful approach is to look into using different schemas for that. Even that is still a bit costly but more manageable than the original approach.

Kind regards

        robert Received on Wed Sep 24 2014 - 08:50:07 CEST

Original text of this message