Re: Best way to restore database back to previous point in time

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 17:46:03 +1100

On 23/03/2014 9:14 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> The motivation for talking about implementing a snapshot API comes from
> the competition. DB2 10 has a snapshot API. DB2 v10 is a big problem for
> Oracle, because it's comparable feature by feature, at half the price.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ltqxkcg
>
> Despite the fact that IBM sales force is doing less than stellar job with
> pushing DB2 to Unix and Windows, I see more and more DB2 in the data
> centers. The price difference works on its own merit.

About time someone competes on features and puts the heat on price! Been going the way of Oracle for waaaay too long. Hence why idiocy like conFusion saw the light of day - in a normal market, they would NEVER have dared go ahead with that monstrosity... Received on Sun Mar 23 2014 - 07:46:03 CET

Original text of this message