Re: Connect to Oracle 11g using PL-SQL developer and SQL PLus

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, October 14, 2013 11:04:44 AM UTC-7, Amir Diwan wrote:
> _at_jg: Upon trying, sqlplus / as sysdba..
>

> 1) It again gives TNS adapter error and gives further 2 more attempts. Then i make lame attempts. Then it fails to connect. I will try to attach the snapshot..

Odd. Were you in a cmd window? Show us the output of a set command.

See https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2592671

I avoid windows, but a google turns up many things like https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2278768

> 3) Do you know where the files listener.ora, tnsnames.ora are found in the hard drive? Since, I have installed Oracle. Or do I have to create them on my own.

You do not need a listener.ora. However, if you have one, it has to be correct. There should be a sample tnsnames.ora, you need to make one if you haven't made one with netca or some installation thingee. In my XE they wound up in C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\ADMIN (with the sample directory there too).

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/14/ballmer_successors/