Re: C++ connectivity and Oracle version

From: pm <paolino.marmolaro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 02:03:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
thanks for your answer, but I want to explain better my question (sorry for my bad English) :

My app is currently using ODBC and can successfully connect to different Oracle versions. That is important, I compile a single application that works for all customers (having different Oracle versions).

Now, I'd like to dismiss ODBC and use OCCI.

My question is: should I compile my app for each Oracle/OCCI version? Can I achieve the some flexibility, regarding the Oracle version, that ODBC gives?

thanks
pm