What exactly goes in TEMP_UNDO in 12c

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:06:03 -0700 (PDT)

I know in Oracle 12c undo associated with temporary tables can be redirected to temp space, but want to know what exactly are temporary tables.

I am not uisng any global temporay tables.

  1. If I am doing complex join and let us say it requires complex sorting etc, will undo for sorting go in TEMP.
  2. Let us say I have very large PGA and SGA so all my sorting etc is done in memory instead of intermediate reuslts written to TEMP tablespace, will undo for sorting etc still go in TEMP tablespace.

Thanks. Received on Tue Sep 24 2013 - 06:06:03 CEST

Original text of this message