Re: Passing parameter > 32k

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 17:43:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 23:08:44 +0200, geos wrote:
> On 2013-06-06 20:23, artmerar_at_gmail.com wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Our application is written in PHP and uses OCI and such to call stored
>> procedures.
>>
>> Aside from coding the insert statement in the PHP code, is there a way
>> to call a stored procedure passing a parameter > 32k? What we are
>> seeing is that anything < 32k is working fine. Once the parameter is >
>> 32k, the procedure call does not work.
>>
>> The receiving parameter type is a CLOB, but I believe this is a
>> limitation on the application end. I was wondering if anyone had a way
>> to pass > 32k to a stored procedure.
>>
>> Thanks!

What is the parameter type? If the parameter type is VARCHAR2, it will not work with anything larger than 32K. As for the PHP, I've never had any problems with ADOdb, my favorite DB access framework:

http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/docs-oracle.htm

There is a book called Pro PHP Programming by Peter McIntyre, Brian Danchilla and some other guy, which covers working with LOB types in the Oracle database.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer