Re: Oracle 12c Cannot be installed on F18

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 06:32:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:28:58 PM UTC-5, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> And now, I have another reason for running Fedora: CentOS doesn't have a
>
> version of evolution which supports EWS (Exchange Web Services) which
>
> means that would have to use web mail again.
>
> I gave CentOS another look, just to see whether I should use it as my
>
> basic distro and there are several things missing: perl-5.16 (can be
>
> obtained from Activestate), PHP-5.4 (can be built locally) and
>
> evolution-ews, which I cannot replace. However, the fact that Fedora is
>
> now just a container distro, used for running VirtualBox, opens the field
>
> a bit, since I can also use Ubuntu 13.04. Fedora is really starting to
>
> get on my nerves with its installer, lack of configuration possibilities
>
> (grub2,systemctl) and updates which occasionally sc*w up my X11 system
>
> because the kernel updates are released without the accompanying NVIDIA
>
> module.

We use RHEL at the office but my usage is pretty simple and Oracle-centric.

My Linux-Fu could use some work. I just installed Debian 7 on one of my laptops for testing. The VirtualBox VM that I use to VPN in to the office works well. I'm impressed by how polished distributions have become. I'm thinking I'll work through the LPIC certifications and read a good kernel book to get a solid foundation, and then work on the RHCE... but we'll see what happens. Received on Sun Jun 30 2013 - 15:32:59 CEST

Original text of this message