Re: Passing parameter > 32k

From: geos <geos_at_SPAMPRECZ.autograf.pl>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 23:08:44 +0200

On 2013-06-06 20:23, artmerar_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our application is written in PHP and uses OCI and such to call stored procedures.
>
> Aside from coding the insert statement in the PHP code, is there a way to call a stored procedure passing a parameter > 32k? What we are seeing is that anything < 32k is working fine. Once the parameter is > 32k, the procedure call does not work.
>
> The receiving parameter type is a CLOB, but I believe this is a limitation on the application end. I was wondering if anyone had a way to pass > 32k to a stored procedure.
>
> Thanks!

I had similar issue with VB. I don't know if this is possible with php and oracle-related libraries but VB created empty clob on oracle side in anonymous block, "retrieved it back" as bind variable to VB, filled it with whatever > 32k, and passed to oracle procedure that had parameter defined as clob. it works, but VB oracle-related stuff I used supports passing clobs between VB and oracle. in my case clob was xml file larger than 32k and I couldn't use varchar2 as a procedure parameter to sent it.

thanks,
geos Received on Thu Jun 06 2013 - 23:08:44 CEST

Original text of this message