Re: The Revenge of the Geeks

From: Ezekiel <zeke_at_nosuchemail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:01:47 -0500

"cipher" <cipher_at_nospamforme.org> wrote in message news:69o6m2.cua.17.7_at_news.alt.net...
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 07:37:37 -0500, Ezekiel Inscribed upon the Golden
> Tablets of Usenet thusly:
>
>> Say what??? How did you come up with that ridiculous conclusion?
>
> I'll dig it up, but I read it.
>
> here's one:
>
> <http://www.lockergnome.com/uncategorized/2010/11/12/libre-office-using-
> java-to-a-lesser-extent/>

That's a fairly old link (2010) from some anonymous person (theoracle). The very specific list of modules using Java is from the Libre Office itself and is from 2012. I'm inclined to take their word on it.

> I have no Java and LO works fine but for the DB. The DB needs
> Are you actually using it?

Yes I do have it installed on a couple of my Linux machines (work and home) and use it occasionally. I also have Java installed and since I need and use Java for other things I don't have any plans to remove Java.

--
Any country with laws is, by definition, not "free"

Homer - 23 Jan 2013