Re: how much cpu on a database rac cluster

From: Jack <none_at_INVALIDmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:36:13 +0300

"Mladen Gogala" <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2012.09.05.09.30.29_at_gmail.com...
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:00:53 +0300, Jack wrote:
>
>> And very other there is different instance for very good reason.
>> Management is also simple/better when having control for one
>> business-system per instance.
>> N:B. now talkin about non-RAC
>

>> And the last but not least, you have better control into separeted
>> systems.
>
> How? As I've asked you before, if there is a runaway query, you first
> have to determine the instance that is running it. That might not be so
> easy, depending on the OS and the platform. How do you compare that with
> a single query to V$ tables? Finally, you didn't answer my question: do
> you have a MS Server or Sybase background?
>
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> http://mgogala.freehostia.com

Dilemma: Integrated or Separated
Old cunsulting advise (IBM),
  if existing is Integrated adwise separated   if existing is separated/distributed adwise Integrated That is the way to make money, and also you have perpetual-motion machine, vola!

> Design that uses separate schemas and separate tablespaces would save
> even more. Most money is saved by not wasting available resources. 10
> databases on a single machine wastes resources.
How much do you save money? Say numebers $?£, thanks.

> How? As I've asked you before, if there is a runaway query, you first
F.ex if there is query takin all cpu, you can very,very identify correct instance.
And restart start instance. (f.ex that development instance).

And no, I do not have MS Server or Sybase backgroung. Very, Very long dedicated experince with Oracle (from the beginning, allmost).
And I do not earn money writing books, but running/deloping dedicated systems.

Believe me, I have far more/better/longer experience than you, with Systems development life-cycles, operating Oracle RDBMS. At least I have far more experience with our own Legacy systems;)

Thanks.
-Jack- Received on Wed Sep 05 2012 - 05:36:13 CDT

Original text of this message