Re: OEL 6 (was: Re: Old linux lore no longer applies)

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 17:15:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 14:46:07 +0100, Peter Schneider wrote:

> This is really good news. So Oracle Linux enters the same arena as
> CentOS and Scientific Linux, while at the same time, it is certified to
> run Oracle RDBMS.
> This is way cool...

This only means that not too many people are buying it, despite the price 30% lower than RH6. This is an attempt to popularize the product. I believe that Oracle is now reaping the grapes of wrath they have been sowing for some time now. Beware of Oracle bearing gifts. When OL becomes popular, Oracle will again start charging for it.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com