OEL 6 (was: Re: Old linux lore no longer applies)

From: Peter Schneider <pschneider1968_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 14:46:07 +0100

Am 22.03.2012 23:09, schrieb Matthias Hoys:
> On Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:57:13 PM UTC+1, Peter Schneider wrote:
>> Am 22.03.2012 22:42, schrieb joel garry:
>> [...]
>>> Now that OL6 is cert'd, there may be more easter eggs.
>>
>> Oh, I didn't notice that - since when? Do you have a link? Only OEL6, or RHEL6
>> too?
>
> RHEL6 too - here's the link:
> http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/1563775

Well, I had to reread this...

If I understand the above and this one

https://blogs.oracle.com/wim/entry/lots_of_goodies

correctly, then from now on, we will have updates and fixes for OEL for free, without paid support subscription.

This is really good news. So Oracle Linux enters the same arena as CentOS and Scientific Linux, while at the same time, it is certified to run Oracle RDBMS. This is way cool...

Regards
Oeter

--
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what
you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. -- Mark Twain