Re: problems installing utl_dbws on Oracle 11.2.0.3 EE on Win2008R2

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:49:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 21, 8:24 am, Pol
<eff.off.if.you.think.youre.getting.my.em..._at_anon.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:55:59 +0100, Pol wrote:
> > This group appears to have all but died - the signal to noise ratio is
> > very sad.
>
> Just to follow up and "prove" that I'm not just a sour spammer - I
> used to follow this group regularly - it's just that there's never
> anything good on it these days.
>
> Never = v. v. rarely - not worth checking - there is the odd "diamond
> in the muck" but...

There's around a useful post a day, maybe one a week that's truly interesting. But haven't you noticed, the interesting ones pull all sorts of people out of the woodwork?

I could name some blogs that are highly popular but not posted that often. I could name a lot more who feel the necessity to post every day that should just stfu.

The answer might be, post something interesting!

Some tweets could probably stand to have some longer form discussion in a centralized manner...

> Anyway, if you are serious about seeking help and/or learning about
> Oracle, then forums.oracle.com and/or Oracle-L (mailing list) is the
> way to go - IMHO.

Agreed, both quite useful and popular these days, though the moderation seems increasingly intrusive and by nature will always have some bad examples.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"The Department of Justice regards it as a federal crime to enter a