Re: Is anyone still using Transparent Gateway for RMS (tg4RMS) ?

From: Hein RMS van den Heuvel <heinvandenheuvel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:15:56 -0800 (PST)

:
> You may want to try a brute force solution:
> use MCR DFU SEARCH/FILE=NVDB_RMS.EXE
> Once found, define a system logical to point there and try again?
:

Oops, i now see to already tried that and got further. And it looks like you used SDA> SHOW PROC/CHAN to 'see' the open files and found no LOG files. Darn.
It should have GW*.NOS files open as data dictionary.

In the mean time I received confirmation that this gateway is a an read-only OEM version for the Attunity 'AIS' offering, long out of contract/support.
It may be more productive to investigate a current ODBC , JDBC or ADO.Net connection to RMS offering (preferably from Attunity :-) I also suspect that Change Data Capture is a more convenient (more reliable) way to deal with this transition situation. Attunity may be able to come up with a limited duration license deal for either approach.

Hope this helps,
Hein.