Re: Is anyone still using Transparent Gateway for RMS (tg4RMS) ?

From: Jan-Erik Soderholm <jan-erik.soderholm_at_telia.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:17:02 +0100

Syltrem wrote 2012-02-22 15:35:
> Hi
>
> We're trying to move an application to Windows (from VMS) but it is
> currently accessing a few RMS files (native indexed filesystem on VMS).
> While finializing the conversion (lots of programming to do) which may take
> a few more months, we'd like to do the port and maintain accessibility of
> the RMS files by using the Transaparent Gateway for RMS

This is "*Oracle* Transaparent Gateway for RMS", right?

Not "Rdb Transaparent Gateway for RMS" that us part of the (now de-supported) DBI (Database Integrator) package?

Just to clearify...

I have done some testing/reading around the Rdb product for similar needs, but never got the itme to actualy set it up.

Jan-Erik.