Re: ASSM vs. non-ASSM

From: Randolf Geist <info_at_sqltools-plusplus.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 02:06:32 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 29, 4:28 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, I should have added that I use uniform allocation in all my
> tablespaces, rather than automatic allocation. As such, I never get
> any of the conditions described in Jonathan's posts on ASSM.

I think this is a misbelieve - most of the issues described are regarding the space management within an extent/block and hence apply to either extent management method, no matter if uniform or autoallocate.  Which means these can easily be reproduced using uniform allocation, in fact Jonathan most of the time uses uniform 1MB allocation in his experiments.

Hope this helps,
Randolf Received on Mon Jan 30 2012 - 04:06:32 CST

Original text of this message