Re: DBMS_MONITOR

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 09:28:57 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 28, 7:44 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
> On Dec 23, 3:44 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:57:43 -0800, Charles Hooper wrote:
> > > I believe that the session with the trace enabled through DBMS_MONITOR
> > > must execute at least one SQL statement after tracing is enabled for the
> > > session, before ORADEBUG will report that the trace is enabled.
>
> > Confirmed. Charles you're great!
>
> > --http://mgogala.byethost5.com
>
> Yes, good job Charles.
>
> I have seen problem posts related to dbms_monitor not tracing in the
> past but when replies were "it works for me" type replies.  Next time
> I see such a post I will have to keep this behavior in mind.
>
> -- Mark D Powlel --

I thought oradebug had the same behavior (of not generating a trace file until something happens)? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding/ misremembering since I haven't used it for a while, but that was my thought at the first post - I was thinking it was ironic, because I thought I saw that while following some post Mladen had made a while back about how to use oradebug. But my memory is capricious at the best of times.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/27/tiny-tower-game-gets-huge-apple-recognition/