The end of OCFS

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 02:49:24 +0000 (UTC)

This went through without a fuss: OCFS2 will be supported only on OEL kernels:

http://lists.elrepo.org/pipermail/elrepo/2011-April/000597.html

I wanted to install OCFS2 and a single node cluster on my Fedora 14 box, but there were problems. I couldn't bring OCFS2 up. The problem was in the kernel modules which didn't want to listen to the given port. I did that several times on CentOS 5, always without a problem so I knew that the problem was in the kernel. I started digging around and found the link above.
Oh well, it seems that my 1-node cluster will have to use GFS. Shucks.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com