Re: SE - Multicore Licensing

From: Jörg Jost <anton.tareb_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 02:02:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

it is really annoying. The EE is somewhat unbearable on Linux System nowadays. If you are willing to build a system 2 Node RAC with both nodes capable to hold 2 Sockets you end up with 32 cores. In this case, you need 4 SE licenses or 16 EE licenses. Same is true for the AMD - Servers of course.
Even the Named User License, which is a possibility for our customers is not really helpful, because of the minimum of 25 Users for each required EE - License.

So i, the poor DBA of all of this systems, am not able to reach all this fine EE features to help our customers just because of this stupid license policy.

Ah, just to mention, the RAC is cost free in SE, but a costly option in EE. That makes sense.......NOT.

An angry victim

Joerg Received on Tue Oct 18 2011 - 04:02:59 CDT

Original text of this message