Re: The end of OCFS

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_no.address.invalid>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:52:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:00:55 -0700, John Hurley wrote:

> Mladen:
>
> # This went through without a fuss: OCFS2 will be supported only on OEL
> kernels:
>
> You mean Oracle Linux ( OL ) kernels right?
>
> The word was out in force at OOW 2011 to avoid saying/using OEL ... it's
> a word game eh?
>
> Wonder if they will change OL to just L sooner or later or just O?

Oh well! It's not just that, the fact that Grid installation refused to use fully functional GFS2 file system irks me beyond belief. Oracle is getting more and more proprietary. First, they refused to support OpenLDAP, then they de-facto killed OCFS, then they de-supported GFS. I hate virtual machines and installing software on them but I will apparently have try that. Virtual machines are the biggest performance killers ever invented.

--