Configuring RMAN to use controlfile instead of Recovery Catalog

From: Sundar K <ksundar_at_a-bits.biz>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 03:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

I have a doubt.

Is it possible to make RMAN to use controlfile, from using Recovery Catalog(RC) DB ?

The scenario is like this:
 I have a target db and a RC db. The RMAN presently uses RC db for backup and recovery.

Due to some reasons, I want the RMAN to use target db controlfile, instead of RC.
Is there anyway to perform this?
If yes, I need the RMAN to understand and use backup sets, which are taken before switching to controlfile based backup (That is, controlfile should understand backup sets, which have backed-up using RC )

Is there a way to perform these tasks? Received on Wed Sep 28 2011 - 05:40:08 CDT

Original text of this message