Re: Configuring RMAN to use controlfile instead of Recovery Catalog

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.eu>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:01:43 +0100

On 2011-09-28, Paulie <linehan.paul_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 28, 11:40?am, Sundar K <ksun..._at_a-bits.biz> wrote:
>

>> Is it possible to make RMAN to use controlfile, from using Recovery
>> Catalog(RC) DB ?
>

> If I were you I would go to forums.oracle.com and ask there. The
> groups there are active and spam-free.

And full of people who don't know as much as they think they do!

> As far as I can see, usenet (now transformed into groups.google.com)
> is dead - there are now better alternatives.

Usenet is not dead, it still exists as it always did, for access by people using real newsreader software. Google groups is just an archive (still useful) and an interface to current activity which is quite some way off being good enough.

As for "better alternatives", they all depend on some person or company continuing to maintain the relevant website, something for which there is no guarantee whatsoever. Usenet is not dependent on any single person or company, and there is enough interest to ensure that it will be around for a long time yet, And there are ways of dealing with thw spam.

So please stop talking rubbish and let people realise that they will get answers here, though they will also be pushed into thinking for themselves. Anyone who wants to call themselves a DBA needs to be doing a fair bit of that!

Eric

--
ms fnd in a lbry