Upgrade 9.2.0.8 --> 11.2.0.2

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:53:14 +0000 (UTC)

The first production database in my company is just being upgraded from 9.2.0.8 to 11.2.0.2. It's a RAC, running on RH AS 2.1 (32bit) and OCFS, being moved to RH 4.8, with OCFS2, RAC. That's the 1st step. The second step will be to create a standby on 2 64bit nodes running RH 5.6 or RH 6.0, with ASM and get rid of that pesky OCFS and 32 bit OS. All of that will be accomplished with 5 hours of downtime altogether. We're changing OS version, DB version, architecture and SAN in the same migration. This type of projects is why I love being a DBA.
--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com