Re: Upgrade 9.2.0.8 --> 11.2.0.2

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 04:58:57 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen:

# The first production database in my company is just being upgraded from 9.2.0.8 to 11.2.0.2.

Good luck and have fun!

We are working on a 11.2 migration also ... starting to work on getting ducks lined up.

No RAC here at all ... I ditched all that a while back. Like Moans says "you probably don't need RAC" ...

We are going to be using ASM though which requires a separate grid home from the oracle home. Just completed first setup testing on a test machine of getting it all configured.

Putting the GI PSU 11.2.0.2.3 ( patchset update ) onto both homes is also interesting.

Just because there is a 40 page README ( maybe more pages did not count ) for the GI PSU ... you would not expect them to actually document how to approach a standalone server would you now?

Some things like crsctl do not apparently work in a non clustered configuration even though the doc tells you to run them ... nice eh? So you get to fudge your way around *** Aka crsctl stop crs gives CRS-4013: This command is not supported in a single-node configuration. Of course one could open an SR with Oracle support so that they could tell you to follow the README for the GI PSU. Oops that's a closed infinite loop eh? Received on Wed Aug 10 2011 - 06:58:57 CDT

Original text of this message