Re: The artist formerly known as HTMLDB and Oracle11

From: Paulie <linehan.paul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 21:22:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 19, 2:08 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Of course not. If you only install Apache standalone, you don't need any Fusion
> license.  Only if you use the additional features.  Which of course Apex doesn't
> need or use.  Oracle would be in breach of the Apache open-source license model
> if they forced people to install chargeable software in order to use Apache.

I don't think so. The ASF (Apache Software Foundation) licences are pretty
much BSD in style - where does it say that the Apache licence is viral.

From here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_License

"The Apache License, like most other permissive licenses, does not require
modified versions of the software to be distributed using the same license"

Paul... Received on Fri Aug 05 2011 - 23:22:46 CDT

Original text of this message