Re: Where's Cartman when you need him.

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:35:44 -0800 (PST)

Joel:

# Just got a call from some Oracle customer rep with a difficult Indian accent, telling me support prices will increase 10% for those who don't upgrade to 11g by end of support.  I transferred him to boss, who asked him when, and he didn't know.  (I think it's July).

Sorry I am not understanding exactly Joel.

Are you guys running on some version of Oracle that will go off official support and still needing to stay supported?

Usually one just patches older systems up to the terminal software release if you are not going to migrate to a still supported version ( like 9.2.0.8 I think or ( eventually I guess ) 10.2.0.5 ? ).

Oracle publishes all the dates etc pretty far in advance for this area so is there some recent change in policy and/or change in support dates that you are referring to? Received on Thu Feb 17 2011 - 11:35:44 CST

Original text of this message