From: John Hurley <>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:29:22 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <>

The guru:

# Has anyone upgraded to (rac and non-rac) yet and would you say it is better or worse that

I was out at OOW last fall and talked briefly to several of the support engineers. They all pretty much unanimously recommending staying away from and also volunteered that for it might be smart to wait until 2 or 3 patchset updates are out on it. So maybe wait it out until April 19 2011 patchset updates are out?

We will be moving from ( now at ) which has been very stable for us on OEL 5.5 64 bit up to 11.2 sometime this year ... unless unexpected things shake out. We are non RAC but are using ASM. Received on Thu Feb 17 2011 - 11:29:22 CST

Original text of this message