Re: Upgrade from 9i to 11g with a physical standby as well

From: Gary <garyd_at_efn.org.spamsux>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 04:16:30 -0000

DG problem wrote:
>HP-UX, 9.2.0.8 (still) EE, Running a physical standby ...
>Has anyone done this before from 9i to 11gR2?

What is to be gained by upgrading on the same system? During a major upgrade like this I would also take the opportunity to upgrade to the latest stable version of your operating system as well since it's probably several years stale, too. In that case, you'd want to use the export/import data pump (expdp and impdp) commands to first export your db from Oracle db version 9, install the new OS and db revs, then import your data. If you have a physical standby you could always use it as the basis for the new OS and software so you still have the original old versions as a fallback just in case.

-Gary Received on Mon Aug 23 2010 - 23:16:30 CDT

Original text of this message