Difference bwtwwen REMOTE_LISTENER parameter not set and '' (empty string)

From: byrocat <strikemaster2000_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

I looked at one of our databses' configuration settings using Embarcadero DBArtisan and the value came up as "N/A" which means "not available". If you look at it under SQLPlus, you get a line that shows the name and what looks like no value but no indication that the configuration parameter has actually be set.

Our database standard calls for the value to be set as '' (empty string).

Is there a difference between these two (not set and empty string)?

Thanks in advance! Received on Fri Aug 20 2010 - 14:57:51 CDT

Original text of this message