Weird RMAN error

From: zigzagdna <>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am Oracle, My rman catalog is also on same Oracle Release. I have following simple script to backup archived logs: (see later), but this script smetime errors and generate following errors, but problem is rman gets in some infinite loop and keeps generating same error messages over and over again. By the time I relized rman is giving errors, my logfile was more than 2GB. I have never seen this problem with eralier releases

RMAN-00558: error encountered while parsing input commands
RMAN-01006: error signaled during parse
RMAN-02005: token too big

now is the script

rman << ! >> $TMPRLOG 2>&1
set echo on
connect target $TRGSTR
connect catalog $RCATCONN

run {
allocate channel ch1 type $CHANNEL_TYPE; backup as compressed backupset
archivelog like '$ARCHDIR/%.arc' format '${RMBKUPDIR}arlog_%U%_%t' delete input;