Re: oracle 11g takes much longer to start

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 04:08:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:06:02 -0700, zigzagdna wrote:

> I was able to reproduce same problem in bboth test and production now,
> but in last 3 months when I was tetsing problem never occured, I created
> a ticket with Oracle, have not yet ggotten any response.
>
> I am not being mislead. After mounting startup was hung (I not showing
> any output), I was running it in sqlplus. From other sqlplus I could
> connect to database without problem, so my users who are running third
> party application were running fine while Oracle startup was keeping me
> in suspense.

The only thing that you can do is to trace the startup with strace or truss or whatever there is on HP-UX. That should tell you where the time is spent. Opening a SR is a good move, too. Make sure that there is a decent distance between your system and the LHC, because there may be a miniature black hole devouring the output from your sqlplus session. As long as your system starts before 12/21/2012, you should be fine.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com