Re: Weird RMAN error

From: zigzagdna <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:55:59 -0700 (PDT)

On May 20, 12:38 am, zigzagdna <zigzag..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am Oracle 11.1.0.7.1, My rman catalog is also on same Oracle
> Release. I have following simple script to backup archived logs: (see
> later), but this script  smetime errors and generate following errors,
> but problem is rman gets in some infinite loop and keeps generating
> same error messages over and over again. By the time I relized rman is
> giving errors, my logfile was more than  2GB. I have never seen this
> problem with eralier releases
>
> RMAN-00571:
> RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS
> ===============
> RMAN-00571:
> RMAN-00558: error encountered while parsing input commands
> RMAN-01006: error signaled during parse
> RMAN-02005: token too big
>
> now is the script
>
> rman  << ! >> $TMPRLOG 2>&1
> set echo on
> connect target  $TRGSTR
> connect catalog  $RCATCONN
>
> run {
> allocate channel ch1 type $CHANNEL_TYPE;
> backup as compressed backupset
> archivelog like '$ARCHDIR/%.arc'  format '${RMBKUPDIR}arlog_%U%_%t'
> delete input;

Here is the output in rman log file. THis command works most of the time, once in a while Weird error occurs, trying to find why :

RMAN> connect catalog *
connected to recovery catalog database

RMAN> RMAN> run {

2>
3> allocate channel ch1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
4>
5> backup as compressed backupset
6> archivelog like '/pqmsprd/oraarch/pqmsp/%.arc' format 'arlog_%U%_
%t'
7> delete input;
8> } Received on Thu May 20 2010 - 00:55:59 CDT

Original text of this message