Evaluating overall performance

From: AD <alain.denis2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:58:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've been on the development side of things most of the time for the past years,
but lately getting to do more dba work.

I yet need to find material on "seeing the big picture" so to be able to describe and evaluate the performance of an Oracle system.

The books I own are very good on drilling down to the fine details of a query, but I need to do the opposite and improve my skill on "measuring" the performance of the whole server, enabling me to communicate with others why the system is in good shape or why it needs attention.

..sort of the opposite of "tuning" for a specific tasks, and more like assessing the actual performance of the server...

any good books, articles and links are welcomed,

Thanks,

Alain Received on Thu Apr 08 2010 - 09:58:09 CDT

Original text of this message