Re: Oracle does it again

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:07:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:52:36 -0800, John Hurley wrote:

> As people discover what is required relevant to an 11.2 upgrade it seems
> like it will fall into a planning process. Maybe you are out there on
> the early discovery path blazing a trail for other people here.

Trailblazer? Yeah, that sounds like me. Of course, the update process fails when run as described. Dealing with Oracle RAC on Linux really needs trailblazers. Now, let me ride and fade away into the sunset, just my keyboard, my pony and me. Of course, to quote one distinctly nonwestern  movie, "I'll be back" (with a strong Austrian accent). The problem is exactly what you said: there is no planning. You always need something else. I find that in itself a sufficient reason for being very annoyed. Of course, the fact that Oracle cannot produce a product which installs without a problem might also have something to do with that.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com