Move data from production schema to development schema which has some modifications

From: Naga <nagaraj.mamedi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 04:49:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi Tom/Group,

Hi All,

I am new to DB related development, I am currently asked to come up with a solution to write a script or use a tool to map tables between two schemas and copy data from one DB to another A simple scenario would be, we have our production DB with the current schema, we have a change in structure of development DB or just change names of some columns in some tables.
the requirement is to have a script or a tool which can backup the production data and copy them to the new structure of development DB

Is there any way i can export data from production system, and import them in the modified schema(which has some column names changed or tables added with null value).

can anyone help me in this regard as I am totally blank on how to proceed with this.

Thanks in Advance,

Nagaraj Mamedi

Eagerly awaiting for the solution !!!!!!!!!!!! Received on Tue Jan 19 2010 - 06:49:19 CST

Original text of this message