Re: Oracle 11g r2 one node RAC

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:10:00 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 30, 7:12 pm, Serge Rielau <srie..._at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> >> Yeah, it's like how many DB2 environments are running 32000 linux
> >> images.
> > ROFL!
> > Couldn't have said it better!
>
> I know it's not funny when a joke has to be explained.. but what the
> heck was that all about?

Just a cheap shot, Serge. You can find a zillion references on the web to z-whatever systems, and the news at some point picked up on someone running large numbers of linux images just to show it could be done. Then taking a sarcastic leap of marketing-will-always- exaggerate faith.

Stuff like http://cactuscode.org/media/news/BGP-131072/ is cool, but the marketeering it engenders is just sad/funny.

To possibly answer Noons' question about who is using vm rac, maybe the case study at http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/cloud/index.html though I don't see anything about RAC.. they probably don't need it :- O Oh wait, the cc faq says you can't. Never mind.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
TITs in your face: http://www.10news.com/news/22079493/detail.html