Re: Metalink disaster

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:50:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 07:33:09 -0800, Charles Hooper wrote:

> You might want to check the column definitions for the table PRINT.
> While I have little experience working with clusters, I think that I was
> able to reproduce the problem that you are experiencing.

The problem is that tables containing CLOB columns cannot be clustered. That limitation is present even in the release 11.2. BTW, the new and shiny "securefile storage" is not as efficient as one would hope. I have an expdp file 28GB in size (actually, 7 4GB slices) and I dedicated 45GB for the CLOB column. De-duplication was turned on and compression set to "high". It failed with the error "cannot extend tablespace". Bummer. It seems that the new feature is not worth the money Oracle is asking for it.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com