Metalink disaster

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 05:57:57 +0000 (UTC)

This thing with the Metalink is turning into an unmitigated disaster of biblical proportions. I tried to log into Metalink because I want to open a TAR, but I can't get in. Here is my problem:

SQL> create cluster print_clu(active char(1))   2 tablespace imi
  3 single table hashkeys 3;

Cluster created.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.12
SQL> create table print_tmp
  2 cluster print_clu(active)
  3 as select * from print where rownum<0; create table print_tmp
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03001: unimplemented feature

The version is on Linux, 64 bit. I want to know what exactly is the "unimplemented feature" and why is it not possible to populate the cluster? Of course, ML being out, I can't really ask anybody. Are we going to get some discounts for this support disaster? Who is the idiot who has insisted on replacing the old Metalink and why exactly was it done? Will the guilty be fired? This shows a serious lack of judgment and arrogance on the part of the Oracle Corp. This is not just a joke, we're paying significant amounts of money for support!