Re: metalink still unuseable the 2nd day ...

From: bdbafh <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:05:07 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 13, 9:59 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 10:11 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 11, 9:11 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > > Still broken ... ( broken differently than yesterday ).
>
> > > Get message
>
> > > My Oracle Support Services Error
>
> > > A server connection error occurred.
>
> > > You cannot continue
>
> > > Please try again later.
>
> > > It looks like Noons nailed it on his blog post sad to say but true.
>
> > Well, here it is Thursday and I am still unable to access my Oracle
> > Support account.  It seems my following instructions received via an
> > email from Oracle is probably the heart of the problem.  The email was
> > supposed to take me to the administration page but instead it ended up
> > submitting a request for access to my CSI administrator.  I am the
> > administrator.  The CSI shows my old email address and not the newer
> > one I have been using successfully till last Friday to access my
> > account.
>
> > I entered a SR on Tuesday and yesterday around noon Oracle called me
> > at the office.  Since I am out of the office and have a vacation
> > message the analyst said I can call back on Monday.  So I have called
> > twice today.  Each time I waited about 20 minutes then I could hear
> > ringing like I was being transfered to an analyst then I was cut off.
> > The fun continues.
>
> > HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>
> Update.  My access has been fixed.  From the phone conversation with
> the analyst she has a lot of similar SR's already on her list and it
> is going to take a while to work through them.  That is my opinion and
> not anything she said.
>
> As my issue was tied to my CSI having an obsolete email address rather
> than my current one I think in my case the real problem was that the
> old system did not properly propogate email address changes and with
> the upgrade this issue (along with some others) bit Oracle in the
> butt.  I would hope
>
> If you cannot access the new system and you have not entered an SR via
> the phone I suggest you do so rather than wait for Oracle to just fix
> whatever issue is blocking your access.  Again it is just my opinion
> based on my initial SR entry and folllow=up that the majority of fixes
> are manual, at least at this point.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

agreed, depending upon what the meaning and connotation of the word "fixed" is.
Yes, I can login but I get an error.
"WARNING: There is a problem with the Call Center back-end and it is currently not available. Some features on this page are temporarily disabled."
No, I can't access patches and updates.
No, I can't access service requests, nor can I administer CSIs that I had prior to SSO integration.

-bdbafh Received on Fri Nov 13 2009 - 09:05:07 CST

Original text of this message